Treaty ray ban of ray ban sunglasses Ghent Ass'n welcomed ray ban india to Niagara
NIAGARA The Niagara 1812 Legacy Council, in cooperation with the Niagara Parks Commission, Parks Canada, Old Fort Niagara, and its many other 1812 partners, is pleased to welcome the Treaty of Ghent Association from ray ban wayfarer sizes Ghent, Belgium, to the Niagara region from July 15 to 17.
In 1814, a single rose became the symbol of the Ghent Peace Treaty. The ray ban models four diplomats, who signed the treaty that defined the border of Canada and the United States, each had a rose devoted to ray ban shooter them; a fifth rose was called the Peace Treaty Rose. and Canada.
But first, a determination had to be made on what ray ban wayfarer sale kind of rose was used originally, and then cultivate the rose. An exchange of letters describing the rose was found in the archives at Floralien, which were written by John Adams, second President of the United States, according to Ghent Floralien Director, Jan Oprins.
The association determined the approximate variety original ray ban of the rose, and discovered that a local grower had already developed a variety of striking similarity. is slightly different in that it is more climate resistant than was able to be developed 200 years ago, says Oprins.
This Wisconsin Heuer Family
is devoted to the descendants of Johann Friedrich Heuer, born April 18, 1808
a village located in Kreis
Greifenberg, Pommern, Prussia, and his wife Catharina Sophia Ruhnke, born
March 25, 1808. Her birthplace is unknown. Unfortunately, we do not have a
picture of either of them.
Pictured below is the family of one of their sons, our great-grandfather,
who proudly carried the same name as his father, Johann Friedrich.
This Heuer Family emigrated from Pommern to Bremen and boarded the ship
to New York, arriving June 7, 1857. They were processed at Castle
Garden and set out for Buffalo, their first stop while en route to
Wisconsin. There was a good reason they stopped in Buffalo, but you'll have
to read the book to learn why!
After a few short
weeks in Buffalo, they moved to the western shores of Lake Michigan, first
to Cedarburg, Ozaukee County, Wisconsin and in late 1859 they moved to
Ahnapee, Kewaunee County. The town of Ahnapee was later named Algoma
This website is devoted to and follows the ancestors and descendants of
Johann Friedrich and Catherina Sophia Heuer. Their Children in birth
Laura was a bark, a 3-masted sailing vessel, the front two (foremast
and mainmast) square-rigged, the sternmost (mizzenmast) rigged
fore-and-aft (for a pictorial representation of the major elements of
the bark rig, see the Peabody Essex Museum's web page, "Rigging of
American Sailing Vessels").
Laura was built by Peter Sager, of Vegesack, and launched on 26 March
1857. 196 Commerzlasten/442 tons register, 36,2 x 8,5 x 4,7 meters
(length x breadth x depth of hold); Commercial Code signal letters
She was owned jointly by H. von Fischer, Bremen, and her captain, Hans
Jurgen Wilmsen, of Vegesack, each of whom held a half share.
Wilmsen was succeeded as captain by Loius Schmidt, also of Vegesack, who
was succeeded in 1867 by Wilhelm Wilmsen; for part of that year H.
Maass, first mate, acted as master, during Wilmsen's illness.
On 22 September
1866, on a voyage from Bremen to Baltimore with 210 passengers, the
Laura was severely damaged by a hurricane, during the course of
which 8 passengers were swept overboard and drowned.
In 1874, the
was sold to M. L. Stranne, of Foglavik, Sweden, who renamed her
Josefina; her new master was O. Berndtsson. On 24 January 1877,
arrived at Buenos Aires from Bordeaux' in the course of unloading her
cargo, the vessel caught fire, and became a total loss.
(Back to top of page)
The bark is a
three-masted vessel with the foremast and mainmast square rigged and the
fore-and-aft rigged. The mizzenmast carries no yards: there is a
hoist-and-lower fore-and-aft sail and a gaff topsail.